At Wasatch Photonics, we’ve built a team that understands the unique needs of OEM customers, and a spectrometer bench that exceeds them. Our WP VIS-NIR OEM spectrometer is robust, compact, and easy to integrate, while delivering the same outstanding sensitivity and SNR of our standard products. It’s designed in transmission with diffraction-limited optics to remain aligned over temperature and at every wavelength, facilitating intensity matching to <10% across the spectrum, and powered by our free ENLIGHTEN™ spectroscopy software. Consistency is key when you’re designing a product to be built in the thousands, and we deliver – in performance, in expertise, and in the quality of our service. Contact us to discuss your application, or learn more about our OEM solutions.
WP VIS-NIR OEM Spectrometer Features/Benefits:
- f/2.0 input to capture more light
- High efficiency transmissive VPH gratings
- >5x greater sensitivity & lower LOD
- Low stray light and high signal to noise (SNR)
- Low noise electronics for excellent SNR
- Fiber coupled or free space models
- Compact, robust & configurable
- Excellent thermal stability
We believe you should have full control and maximum flexibility when configuring your WP VIS-NIR OEM spectrometer. That’s why we offer so many build-to-print options for range, resolution, detector cooling, and sample coupling – backing each with our advice and experience. Learn more about each below, or contact us to discuss the best options for your application.
SLIT WIDTH: Defining Resolution
Sensitivity and resolution are competing factors when choosing slit size. A larger slit allows more light to enter the spectrometer, increasing sensitivity for low-light applications such as fluorescence. Resolution improves, however, as slit width is reduced (though not always linearly). We offer 10, 25, and 50 μm slits for many of our spectrometers, and can advise on the best choice for your application. Due to the high sensitivity of our low f/# spectrometer designs, it is often possible to use a smaller slit width than would be required with a typical f/4 spectrometer, allowing you to achieve higher resolution.
SAMPLE COUPLING: Fiber, free-space, or integrated laser?
How you interface with your Raman sample depends not only on whether you value convenience or configurability, but also on the data quality you require. See below for some quick tips, or reach our sample coupling tech note to learn how to get more out of our many sample coupling & configuration options.
Fiber coupled spectrometer & probe
Our f/1.3 design delivers superior signal and ultra low background when used with our matched NA probes. Simplifies sample alignment in the lab or field.
Free-space coupling to spectrometer
This 0.36 NA input offers superior signal & freedom in the design of your own sampling optics, from spot size to working distance. Ideal for research & OEMs.
Integrated laser & free-space coupling
Our compact design integrates laser control and optimized coupling optics for best signal to noise. For turnkey lab use & OEM integration.
DETECTOR COOLING: Controlling noise
We offer ambient, regulated, and TEC cooled detectors, allowing you to balance your required signal to noise ratio (SNR) and temperature stability with cost for the best possible value.
An uncooled detector is often adequate for many basic spectroscopy applications, but for lowest limit of detection and long term measurements, a thermoelectrically cooled (TEC) detector delivers unparalleled performance. Contact us to discuss the right choice for your application.
||Most cost effective option for quick measurements
||Fixed dark noise (better spectral reproducibility)
||Lowest dark noise option – highly consistent
|Signal to noise
||Good SNR high throughput detector
||Improved SNR compared to ambient detector
||Best SNR for lowest limits of detection
||Best for teaching and lab environments
||Great for variable environments & handheld use
||Ideal for long integration time measurements
The WP VIS-NIR OEM spectrometer may be configured with your choice of slit size and sample coupling (fiber coupled or free space). Custom gratings to span your ideal range & resolution are available upon request. Call us to discuss your custom OEM needs!
- f/#: 2.0
- Max Diffraction Efficiency: N/A
- Slit Height: 2 mm
- Wavenumber Range: 350 - 1000 nm
- Blocking/Sorting Filter: Options available, depending upon application
- Resolution, 25 um slit: 1.5 nm
- Resolution, 50 um slit: 3.0 nm
- Fiber Port: SMA 905 (fiber coupled model) ; free space coupled model available
- Size: 19.0 x 7.0 x 4.3 cm, 600 g
Our WP VIS-NIR OEM spectrometer is offered with a regulated (R) detector cooled to 10°C, offering excellent signal to noise and temperature stability at a volume-friendly price point.
Learn more about our detector cooling options.
- Detector Type and Model: Hamamatsu S10420-1106
- Active Pixels: 2048 x 64
- Pixel Dimensions: 14 x 14 μm
- Quantum Efficiency Max: 66% average / 77% peak
- Integration Period Range: 3 ms - 60 s
- Signal to Noise: 500:1
- Dynamic Range System: 50,000
- Read Noise: 6 e- RMS
- Optional Regulated Detector: 10°C
- Regulated Detector Temperature Stability: ± 0.2°C
- Cooling Controls: ON/OFF/LOCK
- System Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 40°C, non-condensing
- Data Interface: USB 2.0 Type B connector (female)
- Software: ENLIGHTEN™ operating software & drivers (included)
- Power Consumption: <500 mA @ 12 V