We believe you should have full control and maximum flexibility when configuring your VIS-NIR spectrometer. That’s why we offer so many build-to-print options for range, resolution, and sample coupling – backing each with our advice and experience. Learn more about each below, or contact us to discuss the best options for your application.
SLIT WIDTH: Defining Resolution
Sensitivity and resolution are competing factors when choosing slit size. A larger slit allows more light to enter the spectrometer, increasing sensitivity for low-light applications such as fluorescence. Resolution improves, however, as slit width is reduced (though not always linearly). We offer 25 and 50 μm slits for our VIS-NIR spectrometer, and can advise on the best choice for your application. Due to the high sensitivity of our low f/# spectrometer designs, it is often possible to use a smaller slit width than would be required with a typical f/4 spectrometer, allowing you to achieve higher resolution.
SAMPLE COUPLING: Fiber or free-space?
How you interface with your sample depends not only on whether you value convenience or configurability, but also on the data quality you require. See below for some quick tips.
Fiber coupling to spectrometer
Our f/2.0 design delivers superior signal and ultra low background when used with matched NA fibers (0.22-24). Simplifies sample alignment in the lab or field.
Free-space coupling to spectrometer
This 0.24 NA input offers superior signal & freedom in the design of your own sampling optics, from spot size to working distance. Ideal for research & OEMs.
The WP VIS-NIR spectrometer may be configured with your choice of slit size and sample coupling (fiber coupled or free space). Custom wavelength range models are available upon request, so call us to discuss your OEM needs!
Need a narrower range with higher resolution? Try our WP VIS spectrometer, covering 400-800 nm.
- f/#: 2.0
- Spectral Range: 400 - 1080 nm
- Resolution, 10 um slit: 1.5 nm
- Resolution, 25 um slit: 2 nm
- Resolution, 50 um slit: 4 nm
- Fiber Port: SMA 905 (fiber coupled model) ; free space coupled model available
- Size: 16.5 x 12.7 x 5.1 cm
The WP VIS-NIR spectrometer is offered with an uncooled detector. Our high-sensitivity design allows you to capture spectra with excellent signal to noise in a fraction of the time of many spectrometers with cooled detectors, at lower cost. See the ‘Choose your model’ tab for more information on spectrometer configuration options.
- Detector Type and Model: Hamamatsu S10420-1006 CCD
- Active Pixels: 1024
- Pixel Dimensions: 14 x 14 μm
- Integration Period Range: 7 ms - 60 s
- Signal to Noise: 500:1
- Dynamic Range System: 50,000
- System Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 40°C, non-condensing
- Data Interface: USB 2.0 Type B receptacle
We’ve maximized the efficiency of our VIS-NIR spectrometer to give you more sensitivity, better SNR, and faster measurements in a compact footprint. Collect more light with our f/2 input, keep more light with our patented high transmission VPH gratings & diffraction-limited optics, and detect more light with scientific-grade detectors. When tested side by side, our spectrometers consistently outperform larger, more expensive units. From sample coupling to wavelength range options, we give you more options to get the exact performance you need, powered by our free ENLIGHTEN™ spectroscopy software.
Call us to discuss your application!
VIS-NIR Spectrometer Features/Benefits:
- Wavelength range is 400 - 1080 nm
- f/2 input to capture more light
- High efficiency transmissive VPH gratings
- >10x greater sensitivity & lower LOD
- Low stray light and high signal to noise (SNR)
- Fiber coupled or free space models
- Compact, robust & configurable
- Excellent thermal stability
- OEM models available