We believe you should have full control and maximum flexibility when configuring your spectrometer. That’s why we offer so many build-to-print options for range, resolution, detector cooling, and sample coupling – backing each with our advice and experience. Learn more about each below, or contact us to discuss the best options for your application.
SLIT WIDTH: Defining Resolution
Sensitivity and resolution are competing factors when choosing slit size. A larger slit allows more light to enter the spectrometer, increasing sensitivity for low-light applications such as fluorescence. Resolution improves, however, as slit width is reduced (though not always linearly). We offer 25, and 50 μm slits for the WP UV-VIS spectrometer, and can advise on the best choice for your application. Due to the high sensitivity of our low f/# spectrometer designs, it is often possible to use a smaller slit width than would be required with a typical f/4 spectrometer, allowing you to achieve higher resolution.
Fiber coupling to spectrometer
Our f/2.0 design delivers superior signal and ultra low background when used with matched NA fibers (0.24). This simplifies sample alignment in the lab or field.
DETECTOR COOLING: Controlling noise
We offer TEC-regulated (-R) and TEC cooled (-C) detector options for the WP UV-VIS, allowing you to balance your required signal to noise ratio (SNR) and temperature stability with cost for the best possible value.
A TEC-regulated detector is works well for most spectroscopy applications, but for lowest limit of detection and long term measurements, a thermoelectrically cooled (TEC) detector provides a consistently low dark noise floor. Contact us to discuss the right choice for your application.
The WP UV-VIS spectrometer may be configured with your choice of slit size and sample coupling (fiber coupled or free space), and detector cooling. Custom wavelength range models down to 220 nm are available upon request, so call us to discuss your OEM needs!
- f/#: 2.0
- Spectral Range: 250 - 740 nm (R) | 250 - 700 nm (C)
- Resolution, 25 um slit: 1.5 nm (R or C)
- Fiber Port: SMA 905 (fiber coupled model) ; free space coupled model available
- Size: 19.8 x 16.3 x 6.0 cm
The WP UV-VIS is offered with the choice of ambient (-A, ~25°C) and TEC cooled (-C, -15°C) detectors, allowing you to balance your desired signal to noise and temperature stability with cost for maximum value. See the ‘Choose your model’ tab for more information on spectrometer configuration options.
- Detector Type and Model: Hamamatsu S11850-1106 (R) | S7031-1006 (C)
- Active Pixels: 2048 (R) | 1024 (C)
- Integration Period Range: 3 ms - 60 s (R) | 8 ms - 60 s (C)
- Optional Regulated Detector: 10°C (R) | -15°C (C)
- Regulated Detector Temperature Stability: ± 0.2°C (R, C)
- System Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 40°C, non-condensing
- Data Interface: USB 2.0 Type B receptacle
We’ve maximized the efficiency of our spectrometers to give you more sensitivity, better SNR, and faster measurements in a compact footprint. Collect more light with our f/2.0 input, keep more light with our patented high transmission VPH gratings & diffraction-limited optics, and detect more light with scientific-grade detectors. Our build-to-print options for resolution, detector cooling, and sample coupling allow you to configure a spectrometer or system with the exact performance you need, powered by our free ENLIGHTEN™ spectroscopy software.
Call us to discuss your application!
WP UV-VIS Spectrometer Features/Benefits:
- Wavelength range is 250 - 740 nm
- Industry-leading high efficiency optics
- f/2.0 input to capture more light
- Patented VPH transmission gratings
- High sensitivity for fast data sampling rates
- Low stray light for superior LOD
- Fiber coupled & free space models
- Compact, robust & configurable
- TEC-regulated (-R) or TEC-cooled (-C) detector