At Wasatch Photonics, we’ve built a team that understands the unique needs of OEM customers, and a spectrometer bench that exceeds them. Our WP NIR OEM spectrometer is robust, compact, and easy to integrate, while delivering the same outstanding sensitivity and SNR of our standard products. It’s designed in transmission with diffraction-limited optics to remain aligned over temperature and at every wavelength, facilitating intensity matching to <10% across the spectrum, and powered by our free ENLIGHTEN™ spectroscopy software. Consistency is key when you’re designing a product to be built in the thousands, and we deliver – in performance, in expertise, and in the quality of our service. Contact us to discuss your application, or learn more about our OEM solutions.
WP NIR OEM Spectrometer Features/Benefits:
- f/1.3 input to capture more light
- High efficiency transmissive VPH gratings
- >10x greater sensitivity & lower LOD
- Low stray light and high signal to noise (SNR)
- TEC cooling for best SNR
- Fiber coupled or free space models
- Compact, robust & configurable
- Excellent thermal stability
We believe you should have full control and maximum flexibility when configuring your WP NIR OEM spectrometer. That’s why we offer so many build-to-print options for range, resolution, detector cooling, and sample coupling – backing each with our advice and experience. Learn more about each below, or contact us to discuss the best options for your application.
SLIT WIDTH: Defining Resolution
Sensitivity and resolution are competing factors when choosing slit size. A larger slit allows more light to enter the spectrometer, increasing sensitivity for low-light applications such as fluorescence. Resolution improves, however, as slit width is reduced (though not always linearly). We offer 25 and 50 μm slits for the WP NIR OEM spectrometer, and can advise on the best choice for your application. Due to the high sensitivity of our low f/# spectrometer designs, it is often possible to use a smaller slit width than would be required with a typical f/4 spectrometer, allowing you to achieve higher resolution.
SAMPLE COUPLING: Fiber or free-space?
How you interface with your sample depends not only on whether you value convenience or configurability, but also on the data quality you require. See below for some quick tips.
Fiber coupling to spectrometer
Our f/1.3 design delivers superior signal and ultra low background when used with matched NA fibers (0.36-0.39). Simplifies sample alignment in the lab or field.
Free-space coupling to spectrometer
This 0.36 NA input offers superior signal & freedom in the design of your own sampling optics, from spot size to working distance. Ideal for research & OEMs.
DETECTOR COOLING: Controlling noise
We offer only TEC-cooled detectors for our NIR OEM spectrometers, ensuring best signal to noise ratio (SNR) and temperature stability in this thermally-sensitive detection regime.
TEC COOLED (-C)
||Lowest dark noise option – highly consistent
|Signal to noise
||Best SNR for lowest limits of detection
||Ideal for long integration time measurements
The WP NIR OEM spectrometer may be configured with your choice of slit size and sample coupling (fiber coupled or free space). Custom gratings to span your ideal range & resolution are available upon request, at extended wavelengths up to 2500 nm. Call us to discuss your custom OEM needs!
Want to get started with a benchtop model with the same great performance? Try our WP NIR I spectrometer.
- f/#: 1.3
- Max Diffraction Efficiency: N/A
- Slit Height: 2 mm
- Wavenumber Range: 900 - 1700 nm
- Blocking/Sorting Filter: Options available, depending upon application
- Resolution, 25 um slit: 5 nm
- Resolution, 50 um slit: 6 nm
- Fiber Port: SMA 905 (fiber coupled model) ; free space coupled model available
- Size: 18.3 x 7.5 x 4.8 cm, 600 g
All WP NIR OEM spectrometers employ a TEC cooled detector for best signal to noise and temperature stability. See the ‘Choose your model’ tab for more information on spectrometer configuration options.
- Detector Type and Model: Hamamatsu G9214-512SA InGaAs
- Active Pixels: 512
- Pixel Dimensions: 25 x 500 μm
- Quantum Efficiency Max: 0.80 average / 0.97 peak photosensitivity
- Integration Period Range: 1 ms - 60 s
- Signal to Noise: 2400:1
- Dynamic Range System: 16,666
- Read Noise: 180 e- RMS
- Optional Regulated Detector: -15°C
- Regulated Detector Temperature Stability: ± 0.1°C
- Cooling Controls: ON/OFF/LOCK
- System Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 40°C, non-condensing
- Data Interface: USB 2.0 Type B connector (female)
- Software: ENLIGHTEN™ operating software & drivers (included)