We’ve maximized the efficiency of our spectrometers to give you more sensitivity, better SNR, and faster measurements in a compact footprint. Collect more light with our f/1.3 input, keep more light with our patented high transmission VPH gratings & diffraction-limited optics, and detect more light with scientific-grade detectors. When tested side by side, our spectrometers consistently outperform larger, more expensive units. From sample coupling to detector cooling, we give you more options to get the exact performance you need. Call us to discuss your application!
1064 nm Raman Spectrometer Features/Benefits:
- f/1.3 high-efficiency optics for highest sensitivity
- HD Volume Phase Holographic Grating
- TEC Cooled InGaAs array with low noise electronics
- Extreme low stray light and high transmission
- Short acquisition time and high SNR spectra
- Bluetooth and Ethernet options available
- Fiber coupled or free space
- OEM Solution
We believe you should have full control and maximum flexibility when configuring your spectrometer. That’s why we offer so many build-to-print options for range, resolution, detector cooling, and sample coupling – backing each with our advice and experience. Learn more about each below, or contact us to discuss the best options for your application.
SLIT WIDTH: Defining Resolution
Sensitivity and resolution are competing factors when choosing slit size. A larger slit allows more light to enter the spectrometer, increasing sensitivity for low-light applications such as fluorescence. Resolution improves, however, as slit width is reduced (though not always linearly). We offer 10, 25, and 50 μm slits for many of our spectrometers, and can advise on the best choice for your application. Due to the high sensitivity of our low f/# spectrometer designs, it is often possible to use a smaller slit width than would be required with a typical f/4 spectrometer, allowing you to achieve higher resolution.
SAMPLE COUPLING: Fiber, free-space, or integrated laser?
How you interface with your Raman sample depends not only on whether you value convenience or configurability, but also on the data quality you require. See below for some quick tips, or reach our sample coupling tech note to learn how to get more out of our many sample coupling & configuration options.
Fiber coupled spectrometer & probe
Our f/1.3 design delivers superior signal and ultra low background when used with our matched NA probes. Simplifies sample alignment in the lab or field.
Free-space coupling to spectrometer
This 0.36 NA input offers superior signal & freedom in the design of your own sampling optics, from spot size to working distance. Ideal for research & OEMs.
Integrated laser & free-space coupling
Our compact design integrates laser control and optimized coupling optics for best signal to noise. For turnkey lab use & OEM integration.
DETECTOR COOLING: Controlling noise
We offer ambient, regulated, and TEC cooled detectors, allowing you to balance your required signal to noise ratio (SNR) and temperature stability with cost for the best possible value.
An uncooled detector is often adequate for many basic spectroscopy applications, but for lowest limit of detection and long term measurements, a thermoelectrically cooled (TEC) detector delivers unparalleled performance. Contact us to discuss the right choice for your application.
||Most cost effective option for quick measurements
||Fixed dark noise (better spectral reproducibility)
||Lowest dark noise option – highly consistent
|Signal to noise
||Good SNR high throughput detector
||Improved SNR compared to ambient detector
||Best SNR for lowest limits of detection
||Best for teaching and lab environments
||Great for variable environments & handheld use
||Ideal for long integration time measurements
Spectrometer may be configured with your choice of slit size and sample coupling (fiber coupled or free space). Extended range models covering up to 4000 cm-1 are available upon request. Call us to discuss your custom OEM design!
Download full specifications
- f/#: 1.3
- Slit Height: 2 mm
- Wavenumber Range: 250 - 1850 cm-1
- Blocking/Sorting Filter: Options available, depending upon application
- Resolution, 10 um slit: 3 cm-1
- Fiber Port: SMA 905 (fiber coupled model) ; free space coupled model available (40 μm laser spot size)
- Size: 11.7 x 13.0 x 7.0 cm
All WP 1064 Raman systems employ a TEC cooled detector for best signal to noise and temperature stability.
- Detector Type and Model: Hamamatsu InGaAs Array G9214-512S
- Active Pixels: 512
- Pixel Dimensions: 25 x 500 μm
- Quantum Efficiency Max: 82% average / 84% peak
- Integration Period Range: 1 ms - 60 s
- Signal to Noise: 2400:1
- Dynamic Range System: 16,666
- Read Noise: 180 e- RMS
- Optional Regulated Detector: TEC cooling to -15°C on all units
- Regulated Detector Temperature Stability: ± 0.1 C
- Cooling Controls: ON/OFF/LOCK
- System Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 40°C, non-condensing
- Data Interface: USB 2.0 Type B connector (female), Ethernet and Bluetooth optional