Location: Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina.
The key responsibility of this position is to develop FPGA based solutions to drive our OCT and Raman spectrometers. This includes coding, testing, and functional verification. Depending on the candidate’s ability, this position may require some embedded software development with emphasis on microcontroller programming. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining appropriate drawing documentation, analyses, and reports in accordance with the Quality Management System of the company.
This role supports product development related to Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography and Hyperspectral Imaging. The position involves interfacing with multi-disciplinary teams and communicating with technical experts in optics, electronics, mechanical design, and software development. The candidate will also interact with the business development team of the company and provide occasional support to customers on relevant matters. They may also represent the company at conferences and tradeshows. Occasional international travel may be required.
- Strong background in FPGA development
- Some experience in programming microcontrollers using C language
- Strong communication skills and positive attitude to work with engineering, manufacturing and business teams towards success of products
- Strong organizational skills and capability to perform necessary written documentation
- Ability and desire to learn new concepts at a fast pace
- Experience in board level design – Altium preferred
- Firmware development experience with STM32 microcontrollers is a plus
- Some MATLAB and LabVIEW experience is a plus
- Some experience with Python, C++, and C# is a plus
BS/MS or higher in Electrical Engineering or relevant fields.
About Wasatch Photonics
Wasatch Photonics is a fast growing company with several market-leading products using optics at their core. The company is an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to develop exceptional products for a variety of applications in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation.
The Company supports a collaborative and cordial environment that supports rapid development of new ideas, and plays an integral part in the growth and development of its team members. Key product areas from Wasatch Photonics Systems Division include Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography and Hyperspectral Imaging.