We believe you should have full control and maximum flexibility when configuring your NIR spectrometer. That’s why we offer so many build-to-print options for range, resolution, and sample coupling – backing each with our advice and experience. Learn more about each below, or contact us to discuss the best options for your application.
SLIT WIDTH: Defining Resolution
Sensitivity and resolution are competing factors when choosing slit size. A larger slit allows more light to enter the spectrometer, increasing sensitivity for low-light applications such as fluorescence. Resolution improves, however, as slit width is reduced (though not always linearly). We offer 25 and 50 μm slits for our NIR spectrometer series, and can advise on the best choice for your application. Due to the high sensitivity of our low f/# spectrometer designs, it is often possible to use a smaller slit width than would be required with a typical f/4 spectrometer, allowing you to achieve higher resolution.
SAMPLE COUPLING: Fiber or free-space?
How you interface with your sample depends not only on whether you value convenience or configurability, but also on the data quality you require. See below for some quick tips.
Fiber coupling to spectrometer
Our f/1.3 design delivers superior signal and ultra low background when used with matched NA fibers (0.36-0.39). Simplifies sample alignment in the lab or field.
Free-space coupling to spectrometer
This 0.36 NA input offers superior signal & freedom in the design of your own sampling optics, from spot size to working distance. Ideal for research & OEMs.
DETECTOR COOLING: Controlling noise
We offer only TEC-cooled detectors for our NIR spectrometer, ensuring best signal to noise ratio (SNR) and temperature stability in this thermally-sensitive detection regime.
TEC COOLED (-C)
||Lowest dark noise option – highly consistent
|Signal to noise
||Best SNR for lowest limits of detection
||Ideal for long integration time measurements
The NIR spectrometer series may be configured with your choice of slit size and sample coupling (fiber coupled or free space). Custom and extended wavelength range models are available upon request, so call us to discuss your OEM needs!
- f/#: 1.3
- Slit Height: 2 mm
- Spectral Range: 900 - 1700 nm
- Resolution, 25 um slit: 5 nm
- Resolution, 50 um slit: 6 nm
- Fiber Port: SMA 905 (fiber coupled model) ; free space coupled model available
- Size: 16.5 x 12.7 x 5.1 cm
All WP NIR I spectrometers employ a TEC cooled detector for best signal to noise and temperature stability. See the ‘Choose your model’ tab for more information on spectrometer configuration options.
- Detector Type and Model: Hamamatsu G9214-512S InGaAs array
- Active Pixels: 512
- Pixel Dimensions: 25 x 500 μm
- Quantum Efficiency Max: 82% average / 84% peak
- Integration Period Range: 1 ms - 60 s
- Signal to Noise: 2400:1
- Dynamic Range System: 16,666
- Read Noise: 180 e- RMS
- Optional Regulated Detector: TEC cooling to -15°C on all units
- Regulated Detector Temperature Stability: ± 0.1 °C
- Cooling Controls: ON/OFF/LOCK
- System Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 40°C, non-condensing
- Data Interface: USB 2.0 Type B connector (female)
We’ve maximized the efficiency of our NIR spectrometer series to give you more sensitivity, better SNR, and faster measurements in a compact footprint. Collect more light with our f/1.3 input, keep more light with our patented high transmission VPH gratings & diffraction-limited optics, and detect more light with scientific-grade detectors. When tested side by side, our spectrometers consistently outperform larger, more expensive units. From sample coupling to detector cooling, we give you more options to get the exact performance you need, powered by our free ENLIGHTEN™ spectroscopy software.
Call us to discuss your application!
WP NIR I Spectrometer Features/Benefits:
- Wavelength range is 900 - 1700 nm
- f/1.3 input to capture more light
- High efficiency transmissive VPH gratings
- Low stray light and high signal to noise (SNR)
- TEC Cooled InGaAs array with low noise electronics
- Fiber coupled or free space models
- Compact, robust & configurable
- Excellent thermal stability
- OEM models available