We’ve maximized the efficiency of our WP 830 Raman spectrometer to give you more sensitivity, better SNR, and faster measurements in a compact footprint. Collect more light with our f/1.3 input, keep more light with our patented high transmission VPH gratings & diffraction-limited optics, and detect more light with scientific-grade detectors. When tested side by side, our spectrometers consistently outperform larger, more expensive units. From sample coupling to detector cooling, we give you more options to get the exact performance you need, powered by our free ENLIGHTEN™ spectroscopy software.
Call us to discuss your application!
WP 830 Raman Spectrometer + Laser Features/Benefits:
- Built-in 450 mW multimode laser
- Fiber coupling to spectrometer (SMA) and laser (FC)
- f/1.3 input to capture more light
- High efficiency transmissive VPH gratings
- >10x greater sensitivity & lower LOD
- Low stray light and high signal to noise (SNR)
- TEC cooling option for best SNR
- Compact, robust & configurable
- Excellent thermal stability
We believe you should have full control and maximum flexibility when configuring your WP 830 Raman spectrometer + laser. That’s why we offer so many build-to-print options for range, resolution, detector cooling, and sample coupling – backing each with our advice and experience. Learn more about each below, or contact us to discuss the best options for your application.
SLIT WIDTH: Defining Resolution
Sensitivity and resolution are competing factors when choosing slit size. A larger slit allows more light to enter the spectrometer, increasing sensitivity for low-light applications such as fluorescence. Resolution improves, however, as slit width is reduced (though not always linearly). We offer 10, 25, and 50 μm slits for many of our spectrometers, and can advise on the best choice for your application. Due to the high sensitivity of our low f/# spectrometer designs, it is often possible to use a smaller slit width than would be required with a typical f/4 spectrometer, allowing you to achieve higher resolution.
DETECTOR COOLING: Controlling noise
We offer ambient, regulated, and TEC cooled detectors, allowing you to balance your required signal to noise ratio (SNR) and temperature stability with cost for the best possible value.
An uncooled detector is often adequate for many basic spectroscopy applications, but for lowest limit of detection and long term measurements, a thermoelectrically cooled (TEC) detector delivers unparalleled performance. Contact us to discuss the right choice for your application.
|Detector temperature||~ 25°C||~ 10°C||~ -15°C|
|Benefits||Most cost effective option for quick measurements||Fixed dark noise (better spectral reproducibility)||Lowest dark noise option – highly consistent|
|Signal to noise||Good SNR high throughput detector||Improved SNR compared to ambient detector||Best SNR for lowest limits of detection|
|Applications||Best for teaching and lab environments||Great for variable environments & handheld use||Ideal for long integration time measurements|
The WP 830 Raman spectrometer + laser may be configured with your choice of slit size and sample coupling (fiber coupled or free space). Extended range models are available upon request. Call us to discuss your custom OEM design!
- f/#: 1.3
- Slit Height: 2 mm
- Wavenumber Range: 250 - 1850 cm-1 (all models)
- Blocking/Sorting Filter: Options available, depending upon application
- Resolution, 10 um slit: 4 cm-1
- Resolution, 25 um slit: 6 cm-1
- Resolution, 50 um slit: 10 cm-1
- Fiber Port: SMA 905 (fiber coupled model) ; free space coupled model available (40 μm laser spot size)
- Size: 16.5 x 16.2 x 8.2 cm
We offer ambient (A), regulated (R), and TEC cooled (C) detectors for the WP 830 Raman spectrometer + laser, allowing you to balance your desired signal to noise and temperature stability with cost for maximum value.
Learn more about our detector cooling options.
- Detector Type and Model: Hamamatsu S11510-1006 (A) | S11511-1006 (R) | S10141-1007 (C)
- Active Pixels: 1024 x 64 (A/R) | 1024 x 122 (C)
- Pixel Dimensions: 14 x 14 μm (A/R) | 12 x 12 μm (C)
- Quantum Efficiency Max: 83% average /84% peak (A/R) | 85% average /90% peak (C)
- Integration Period Range: 3 ms - 60 s (A/R) | 25 ms - 60 s (C)
- Signal to Noise: 500:1 (A/R) | 2400:1 (C)
- Dynamic Range System: 50,000 (A/R) | 37,500 (C)
- Read Noise: 6 e- RMS (A/R) | 4 e- RMS (C)
- Optional Regulated Detector: 10°C (R) | -15°C (C)
- Regulated Detector Temperature Stability: ± 0.2°C (R) | ± 0.1°C (C)
- Cooling Controls: ON/OFF/LOCK
- System Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 40°C, non-condensing
- Data Interface: USB 2.0 Type B connector (female)
- Software: ENLIGHTEN™ operating software & drivers (included)