The Technical Manager will help Wasatch Photonics to deliver quality work on time, within budget, and to the client’s satisfaction, facilitating all aspects of custom OEM design projects across a wide range of applications areas in spectroscopy and optical coherence tomography.
Location: Raleigh/Durham (Research Triangle), North Carolina, USA
- Work with Engineering management to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects. On Time Delivery (OTD) and On Budget Delivery (OBD) are key metrics for success in this role.
- Project manage multiple simultaneous project with both internal and external customers.
- Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Implements Wasatch Photonics project delivery plan in line with our ISO9001: 2015 protocols.
- In conjunction with senior management and engineering team, develops the project scope and fee quotation, and assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Oversees project staffing with the different departments and business units.
- Coordinates work efforts and reviews of work performed by local and remote project team members.
- Schedules and leads regular status calls and video conferences with distributed team membership to synchronize goals and update status across the organization.
- Active participation in Engineering leadership.
- Significant client engagement.
- Assign priorities and staff to projects.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations.
- Internal revenue and profit forecasting based upon milestone completions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSc degree in an Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant area of expertise (e.g. Business administration, project management) would be advantageous.
- Min. 7 years of relevant professional experience and a strong track record for OTD and OBD.
- Experience gained in instrumentation / system development is advantageous but not essential.
- Capable of supervisory capacity for planning, organizing, communicating and personnel management skills.
- Good communication skills, written and oral.
About Wasatch Photonics
Wasatch Photonics is a fast-growing company with several market-leading products with optics at its core. The Company is an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to grow a developing company with exceptional products in a fast-paced startup driven environment. The Company provides a collaborative and cordial environment and plays an integral part in the growth and development of its team members. Key product areas from Wasatch Photonics include Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography, Hyperspectral Imaging, Volume Phase Holographic Gratings and Diffractive Optics.