The Sales Engineer is at the heart of all that we do at Wasatch Photonics. Wasatch produces leading-edge, applied spectroscopy equipment for Research and Development, Industrial, and OEM customers, with a heavy focus on the rapidly developing area of Raman spectroscopy. Spectroscopy is a foundational measurement technique, applied in everything from food safety to biomedical research to semiconductor process control and many fields in between. To interact with customers across such a broad range of markets, understand their application needs, tailor solutions available, and most importantly ensure that the customer is satisfied with that solution requires a person with a special and rare combination of both technical and people skills. That is the person we are looking for.
If you have both commercial and technical expertise, love solving diverse problems in science and engineering, like to travel and meet new people, enjoy creating something new, and generally get bored easily – we would love to hear from you!
Location:Raleigh/Durham (Research Triangle), North Carolina. Regular domestic plus occasional international travel is required. Must be authorized to work in the USA.
- Lead the Wasatch Photonics spectroscopy sales effort in the USA
- Be the primary contact person between Wasatch Photonics and our customers: respond to sales inquiries, demonstrate spectroscopy equipment, produce quotes, and drive sales.
- Proactively network within the spectroscopy and R&D communities, including via social media and university and industrial site visits.
- Support trade show activities and represent Wasatch at industry events and exhibitions, including international exhibits.
- Work with the Applications Science and Engineering team to evaluate customer samples and prove feasibility of new applications.
- Help provide technical and sales support to our world-wide distributor network.
- Report directly to the VP of Spectroscopy.
- Work hard, have fun, be a good teammate.
- Foundational knowledge of spectroscopy or optics and physics required
- 3-7 years technical sales or sales engineering experience preferred, talented graduates with leadership experience and exceptional communication skills are welcome to apply
Education / Skills
- University Degree in Applied Science or Engineering required, Math and Physics majors may apply if practically minded
- Fluent English required, a 2nd language is strongly preferred
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and passport at time of employment
- Very strong written, oral, and presentation skills are required
- Self-motivated and naturally curious
- Asks good questions, and then listens
About Wasatch Photonics
Wasatch Photonics is a fast-growing company with several market-leading products using optics at their core. The company is an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to develop and market exceptional products for a variety of applications, and be a part of a company experiencing rapid growth.
The Company supports a collaborative, cordial, and occasionally humor-fueled environment that encourages rapid development of new ideas, and plays an integral part in the growth and development of its team members. Key product areas from Wasatch Photonics Systems Division include Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography and Hyperspectral Imaging. Key markets are biomedical, medical, agriculture and food safety, environmental monitoring, process control, chemistry and bio-chemistry, and security and defense.