Wasatch Photonics is seeking a Software Engineer to design and maintain spectroscopy applications for research, manufacturing automation and data analytics.
Wasatch Photonics exists to bring innovation to help solve real world problems through Raman, NIR and fluorescence spectroscopy and this new position is created to fuel this mission. Ideal candidates will be excited at the prospect of working in a fast-paced development environment with opportunities to further develop their software engineering skills while learning about the physics, optics and chemistry underlying spectroscopy and optical coherence tomography.
Location: Raleigh/Durham (Research Triangle), North Carolina, USA, with occasional travel (<10%).
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Support internal manufacturing through applications providing automated spectrometer testing, calibration, characterization and quality control
- Support researchers by creating and supporting GUI applications to collect, display and analyze real-time instrument data on multiple platforms and client architectures
- Support OEM customers by creating and maintaining application-level device drivers exposing high-level instrument functions across a variety of languages and toolchains
- 5+ years experience in object-oriented programming (C#, C++ or Java)
- 2+ years experience in C# (Visual Studio on Win7-10)
- 2+ years experience in Python (2.7+)
- Revision control (git, svn, etc)
- Python ecosystem (pyinstaller, pyqt 4.8+, pip/conda, numpy/scipy)
- GUI (Qt, Winforms, Swing etc)
- Mobile (iOS / XCode / Swift, Android, Xamarin)
- Cloud architecture (AWS/Azure, NoSQL, asynchronous comms)
- Comms (USB, BLE, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, RS232)
- Image / signal processing (2D transforms, edge/obj detection, peakfinding)
- Language breadth (C/C++, Java, Delphi, LabVIEW, R, etc)
- Platform breadth (Windows, Linux, MacOS, embedded)
- Interest in physics, chemistry, optics and biotech
Education / Skills
- BS in CompSci or math, physics or engineering discipline with demonstrated programming skills
- Strong communication skills and positive attitude to work with engineering, manufacturing, and business teams toward product success
- Strong organizational skills and ability to generate written and visual documentation
About Wasatch Photonics
We are a fast-growing company with several market-leading products with optics at its core. Key product areas from Wasatch Photonics include Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography, Hyperspectral Imaging, Volume Phase Holographic Gratings, and Diffractive Optics. The Company is an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to grow a developing company with exceptional products in a fast-paced startup driven environment. Wasatch Photonics provides a collaborative and cordial environment, and sees the growth and development of its team members as integral for its success.
We are looking to expand our teams to support our continuing market expansion. If you enjoy working in a dynamic, growth driven environment with the latest technology – then we look forward to hearing from you and discussing what we might achieve together!