Wasatch Photonics is seeking a self-directed and experienced Process Engineer to join our dynamic and expanding team for the manufacture of volume phase holographic (VPH) gratings. As Process Engineer, the successful candidate will play a vital role in further increasing customer satisfaction whilst also driving yield improvement. The position will report to the Logan Operations leader and will be part of the Logan management team.
Location: Logan, Utah, USA
- Management of all processes related to manufacturing, quality, and research and development of VPH gratings.
- Design, analyze, and document processes including Standard Operating Procedures and corrective actions
- Refine existing and develop new processes to optimize yield of all holographic products.
- As part of the Logan management team, collaborate cross functionally to implement, monitor and course correct all processes.
- Play a lead role in ISO:9001 accreditation and subsequent implementation as part of the Logan culture.
- Maintain all process related documentation, analyses, and reports per ISO:9001.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Process Engineering/Management
- Experience with manufacturing of optical products or similar components
- Working to ISO:9001 standards or better still being instrumental at introducing them
- Usage of MS Excel or other data analysis programs
- Fabrication or Machining experience a plus.
- BSc or higher in mechanical, manufacturing, optics or related engineering fields or equivalent experience
- An understanding of how to be a strong team player and an effective individual contributor
- Good organization skills and ability to generate internal and customer-facing written documentation
- Ability to present findings to allow data driven companywide decisions
- Self-motivated to work on multiple development projects simultaneously
About Wasatch Photonics
Wasatch Photonics is a fast-growing company with several market-leading products with optics at its core. Key product areas from Wasatch Photonics include Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography, Hyperspectral Imaging, Volume Phase Holographic Gratings, and Diffractive Optics.
The Company is an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to grow a developing company with exceptional products in a fast-paced startup driven environment. Wasatch Photonics provides a collaborative and cordial environment and sees the growth and development of its team members as integral for its success.