Wasatch Photonics is seeking a self-directed and experienced Manufacturing Engineer to provide technical support of manufacturing development and integration of new products into production as a member of our dynamic and expanding team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
Location: Durham, North Carolina
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from assembly technicians.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports in line with ISO9001: 2015 protocols by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide design-for-manufacture input at design reviews and other team interactions.
- Responsibility for final technical transfer of all new product and engineering projects to operations, including training and guiding technicians and providing feedback to the design team for future improvements.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- 3+ years’ experience in the manufacturing of complex opto-mechanical and/or electronic controlled instrumentation.
- Relentless and results driven performer with a Continuous Improvement mind-set.
- A dynamic individual with a high level of energy, a proactive self-starter who is confident and able to work independently.
- Proven capability to work independently in a range of different manufacturing environments.
- Superior interpersonal skills, delivers information clearly and factually. Capable of adjusting to situation or audience.
- Team worker with aptitude for mentoring and coaching.
- Bachelors or higher degree in Engineering
Wasatch Photonics exists to bring innovation to help solve real world problems through OCT, Raman, NIR and Fluorescence spectroscopy and this position is key to fuel this mission. At Wasatch Photonics we design the kind of spectroscopy and OCT products we want to use. As scientists ourselves, we understand the difference that high sensitivity, low noise, and the ability to capture spectra quickly can make to a research project or OEM product design. With a superior optical bench, more configuration options, and greater spectroscopy expertise than you’ll find anywhere else, we help our customers see more, faster than ever before.
Wasatch has developed a patented, multiplexed volume phase holographic grating technology that offers high dispersion and diffraction efficiencies across a broad wavelength range. This technology couples with an industry leading low f-number optical bench design to create one of the most sensitive spectrometers on the market, applicable to both spectroscopy and OCT. We create products at an attractive price point and in a small form factor that maintains superb stray light and resolution performance for the cleanest spectral data and the clearest OCT images. These advances are opening up new application spaces for spectroscopy and OCT, and provide substantial growth opportunities for Wasatch as a business.
If you are a manufacturing engineer who enjoys working in a dynamic, growth driven environment with the latest technology – then we look forward to hearing from you and discussing what we might achieve together!