Wasatch Photonics is seeking a self-directed and experienced Manufacturing Engineer to provide technical support of manufacturing development and integration of new products into production as a member of our dynamic and expanding team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes by studying product and manufacturing methods.
Location: Raleigh/Durham (Research Triangle), North Carolina, USA
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from assembly technicians.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports in line with ISO9001: 2015 protocols by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provide design-for-manufacture input at design reviews and other team interactions.
- Responsibility for final technical transfer of all new product and engineering projects to operations, including training and guiding technicians and providing feedback to the design team for future improvements.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- B.S. or higher degree in Engineering.
- 3+ years’ experience in the manufacturing of complex opto-mechanical and / or electronic controlled instrumentation.
- Relentless and results driven performer with a Continuous Improvement mind-set.
- A dynamic individual with a high level of energy, a proactive self-starter who is confident and able to work independently.
- Proven capability to work independently in a range of different manufacturing environments.
- Superior interpersonal skills, delivers information clearly and factually. Capable of adjusting to situation or audience.
- Team worker with aptitude for mentoring and coaching.
About Wasatch Photonics
Wasatch Photonics is a fast-growing company with several market-leading products with optics at its core. The Company is an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to grow a developing company with exceptional products in a fast-paced startup driven environment. The Company provides a collaborative and cordial environment and plays an integral part in the growth and development of its team members. Key product areas from Wasatch Photonics include Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography, Hyperspectral Imaging, Volume Phase Holographic Gratings and Diffractive Optics.