Wasatch Photonics is seeking a self-directed and experienced Financial Performance Manager (FPM) to join our expanding workforce. The FPM will be responsible for performing / managing the financial planning & analysis aspects of the company, consisting of the Logan, Utah and Durham, North Carolina Divisions. The successful candidate will collaborate with our long-term CFO, who is retiring from his position while remaining on the Board of Directors as Treasurer. The FPM will work side by side with the candidate who fills the newly created Financial Controller (FC) role, to achieve the financial goals of the organization. The FPM and FC candidates will report to and actively collaborate with the CEO and Board of Directors.
Location: Durham, North Carolina or Logan, Utah
- Provide functional analysis and presentation of management information to facilitate operational improvement and decision support (understanding the “why” behind the numbers, not just the “what”).
- Creating, reporting and interpreting business metrics which identify opportunity and provide actionable data for the business.
- Work with the Finance Controller to provide strategic systems direction for next level investment and ongoing support of accounting/ERP systems.
- Provide detailed profitability analysis to the business through effective product line cost accounting and measurement.
- Provide framework and support of annual, as well as on-going budgeting and forecasting activities to the business.
- Provide strategic spending oversight and fiscal planning direction.
- Active participation in capital expenditure identification, justification, and return on investment.
- Have an entrepreneurial mind to develop tools for improvements of our financial health on every level of the company – from stock level controls up to strategic direction.
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s strategy as advisor to the CEO and the management team.
Qualifications / Education
- Bachelor or Masters’ degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior financial management or business performance role
- Management and multi-location experience – willingness to travel between facilities as and when needed
- Ability to work closely with senior management team
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner; creative problem solver
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Wasatch Photonics is a fast-growing company with several market-leading products with optics at its core. Key product areas from Wasatch Photonics include Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography, Hyperspectral Imaging, Volume Phase Holographic Gratings, and Diffractive Optics. The Company is an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to grow a developing company with exceptional products in a fast-paced startup driven environment. Wasatch Photonics provides a collaborative and cordial environment, and sees the growth and development of its team members as integral for its success.