Wasatch Photonics is seeking a self-directed and experienced Financial Controller (FC) to join our expanding workforce. The FC will be responsible for financial accounting & reporting, cost containment, legal compliance, HR, payroll and financial administrative functions of the company, consisting of the Logan, Utah and Durham, North Carolina Divisions. The successful candidate will collaborate with our long-term CFO, who is retiring from his position while remaining on the Board of Directors as Treasurer. The FC will work side by side with the candidate who fills the newly created Financial Performance Manager (FPM) role, to achieve the financial goals of the organization. The FPM and FC candidates will report to and actively collaborate with the CEO and Board of Directors.
Location: Durham, North Carolina or Logan, Utah
- Responsibility for company financial control including general ledger accounting, preparation of monthly financial statements and bank reconciliations.
- Creation and Management of financial procedures in line with ISO9001:2015 protocols.
- Management of payroll preparation and taxation.
- Manage all finance functions to include but not limited to; AR and AP control, invoicing, bookkeeping, day to day cash flow.
- In conjunction with Supply Chain Manager be responsible for management and control of inventory and assets.
- Manage legal compliance regarding employment, taxation and regulatory agencies, as well as contracts into which the corporation may enter from the financial perspective and oversee the related risk management.
- Liaise with HR consultants to ensure all staffing needs are fulfilled.
- Oversee, coach and mentor the accounting and administrative personnel into a high performing team, to meet the company’s operational, strategic and tactical fiscal needs.
- Have an entrepreneurial mind to develop tools for improvements of our financial health on every level of the company – from stock level controls up to strategic direction.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the executive team and work closely with the Finance Performance Manager to deliver against business plans.
Qualifications / Education
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a senior accounting role
- Management and multi-location experience – willingness to travel between facilities as and when needed
- Ability to work closely with senior management team
- Results-oriented, strategic thinker and planner; creative problem solver
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
Wasatch Photonics is a fast-growing company with several market-leading products with optics at its core. Key product areas from Wasatch Photonics include Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography, Hyperspectral Imaging, Volume Phase Holographic Gratings, and Diffractive Optics. The Company is an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to grow a developing company with exceptional products in a fast-paced startup driven environment. Wasatch Photonics provides a collaborative and cordial environment, and sees the growth and development of its team members as integral for its success.