Wasatch Photonics is seeking a Business Development Director to play an integral role in acquiring and serving OEM and high-value customers for our high-performance dispersive gratings. This role requires the ability to identify customers in short-pulse lasers, spectroscopy, astronomy, and OCT who may advance their instrument performance through the use of our volume phase holographic (VPH) transmission grating technology, and guide them from design-in through product launch to volume production or deployment, coordinating all aspects of account management within the global gratings sales & distribution teams.
As a company, we serve an ever-expanding and diverse range of applications across the medical, industrial, and environmental markets. Our product lines span applications in spectroscopy, OCT, astronomy, and laser pulse compression, for which you would be accountable for revenue targets for the latter three.
As Business Development Director, you will lead the gratings sales team and manage our distributor network for gratings. Most importantly, the Business Development Director will drive a focus on customer satisfaction throughout the sales cycle. This is a challenging role of diverse responsibilities, and candidates will need to exhibit a balance of technical sales capabilities, commercial awareness, and sales management.
This role is ideal for a driven, goal-oriented individual with strong networks in the European photonics community and strong interpersonal skills. If this sounds like the kind of challenge that brings out the best in you, then the best of us would like to meet you!
Location: Europe – Global responsibilities.
What We Offer
We know that the best people look for more than just a job. We aim to inspire you with common goals, shared vision, and an environment where you can grow and lead a balanced life – long term. Here are a few of the benefits that make a position with us different:
- Be a critical player in bringing our grating technologies and products to the marketplace, thereby improving the quality of life for people world-wide.
- Work with and learn from celebrated scientists and business leaders in the field of Spectroscopy, OCT, Astronomy and Laser Pulse Compression.
- Specify and use the tools and products you require to get the job done
- Flexibility and compassion in your schedule when you need it
- Share in the profits of the business
- ‘Small company culture’: very little red tape to impede positive action, direct backing of company President.
- Planned career development opportunities
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead the Wasatch Photonics Grating sales team responsible for sales targets in spectroscopy, OCT, astronomy, and laser pulse compression.
- Delivering a sales goal of your own in parallel as an individual contributor.
- Be the primary contact person and information conduit between Wasatch Photonics and our Gratings customers, ensuring that all customer expectations are captured, communicated, and exceeded.
- OEM Business Development – create new opportunities with existing accounts and add new design wins.
- Work with the R&D and Marketing teams to evaluate new application areas and feed into new product development strategy.
- Global distributor management – nurture established distributors and add new ones to grow our gratings business globally.
- Support trade show activities and represent Wasatch Photonics at industry events and exhibitions.
- Report directly to the company CEO.
- Work hard, have fun, be a good teammate.
- Self-motivated and independent learner.
- Equally comfortable working remotely and working as a key part of a team.
- Enjoys working with engineers and scientists and problem solving with them in a collaborative manner.
- Motivated by a passion to exceed customer expectations and ensure customer success.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Can-do attitude with a bias toward solving problems and preventing recurrence.
- Genuine interest in photonics products and solutions.
- Ability to deliver information clearly and factually. Capable of adjusting to situation or audience.
- Strong listener who is naturally curious.
Required Education / Skills
- BS/MS or higher in Applied Science or Engineering required; related disciplines considered.
- 3-5+ years of experience in technical sales and sales management minimum requirement, more experienced candidates preferred.
- Good reputation in the photonics community.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills.
About Wasatch Photonics
We are a fast-growing company with several market-leading products with optics at its core. Key product areas from Wasatch Photonics include Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography, Hyperspectral Imaging, Volume Phase Holographic Gratings, and Diffractive Optics. The Company is an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to grow a developing company with exceptional products in a fast-paced startup driven environment. Wasatch Photonics provides a collaborative and cordial environment, and sees the growth and development of its team members as integral for its success.
We are looking to expand our teams to support our continuing market expansion. If you enjoy working in a dynamic, growth driven environment with the latest technology – then we look forward to hearing from you and discussing what we might achieve together!