Wasatch Photonics is the leading manufacturer of volume phase gratings with corporate offices located in Logan, Utah. WP also designs and manufactures spectroscopic and optical coherence tomography devices at our facility in Durham, North Carolina. We are seeking a talented and dynamic VP of Engineering to lead our Engineering Department. This position will be located at our Durham facility. Occasional travel to Logan will be required.
The VP of Engineering will manage, support, direct and lead the Engineering team, reporting directly to the COO. Key responsibilities include:
Manage, support and build an engineering team to produce products on schedule and within budget.
Use standard methodologies to track and report project and program progress.
Create, maintain and monitor financial reporting of the Engineering department and be accountable to the COO.
Support Manufacturing to improve and maintain critical assembly processes.
Recommend and oversee the development and implementation of equipment needed for manufacturing and quality assurance.
Provide leadership, motivation and guidance to support the growth and development of other engineering staff members.
Develop a network of contactors and outsourced engineering firms to assist as needed.
Create and develop processes and standards to ensure the repeatability of manufactured systems.
- Detailed knowledge of optical spectroscopy and instrumentation is required.
- Demonstrated history of strong leadership with track record for timely project delivery.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in a team environment.
- Bachelors of Science or Engineering Degree required, post-graduate degree preferred.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Full medical benefits
- Profit sharing