Wasatch Photonics is the leading manufacturer of volume phase gratings with our corporate offices located in Logan, Utah. We also design and manufacture spectroscopic and optical coherence tomography devices at our facility in Durham, North Carolina. We are seeking a talented and dynamic Chief Operations Officer. This position will be located at our Durham facility. Occasional travel to Logan will be required.
The COO will be responsible and manage the VP of engineering, Quality Assurance Managers and Production Managers. The COO will report directly to the CEO. Key responsibilities include:
- Oversees Engineering to ensure that the engineering team runs smoothly and meets objectives and goals staying within budget.
- Oversees Quality Assurance making sure that the right personnel and equipment are in place to ensure the delivery of quality and repeatable products.
- Oversees Manufacturing making sure that the right personnel and equipment are in place. Improve assembly processes and ensure on-time delivery of products that will pass quality assurance standards.
- Accountable to the CEO for the financial performance of the Company’s operations.
- Provide leadership, motivation and guidance to support the growth and development of engineering, quality assurance and manufacturing teams.
- Implement needed processes and procedures to become ISO certified.
- Report and present to the Board of Directors
- Knowledge of optical spectroscopy and instrumentation is required.
- Demonstrated history of strong leadership with track record for on-time project and manufactured product delivery.
- 10 years management experience in a team environment.
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- Stock options based on performance
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Full medical benefits
- Profit sharing