The Sales Engineer will be responsible for the achievement of domestic direct sales targets, OEM design wins, and continued revenue growth for Wasatch spectroscopy product lines, while cross-selling gratings and OCT product families as appropriate. The successful candidate will be able to balance personal sales efforts with cross-functional support in a developing business.
The Sales Engineer will report to the VP of Business Development.
Location: This position will be based in Durham, NC with 25% travel expected, although other locations may be considered for particularly strong candidates.
- Develop and drive a spectroscopy sales pipeline through direct customer support, new acquisition and management, actively seeking tender bid opportunities, creating detailed technical proposals, and negotiating and closing deals.
- Work closely with the VP of Business Development on OEM account acquisition and support.
- Maintain and continually update prospects pipeline and bookings forecast for the product line.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in relevant products and markets and monitor competitor activity and market trends.
- Advise marketing management and the VP of Business Development on marketing communications, pricing strategies, applications notes, etc to support market growth opportunities.
- Reinforce a customer partnership culture between Wasatch and existing customers and new prospects.
- Identify and attend key tradeshows and other related marketing events.
- Identify and visit key university and R&D customers to promote Wasatch technologies.
- Offer first contact technical and applications support for spectroscopy customers.
- Three or more years of sales experience with demonstrated success in direct spectroscopy sales. Other experience levels may be considered for particularly strong candidates.
- Strong customer orientation, must be able to manage extensive sales processes in complex customer organizations and deliver targeted presentations at all levels.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with proven ability to build effective, cross-functional relationships both internally and externally.
- This position may require use of information subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Candidate must be eligible to work on State Department controlled products (ITAR controlled).
- This position may require periodic international travel in addition to regular domestic travel.
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering or the Physical Sciences.
At Wasatch Photonics we design the kind of spectroscopy products we want to use. As spectroscopists ourselves, we understand the difference that high sensitivity, low noise, and the ability to capture spectra quickly can make to a research project or OEM product design. With a superior optical bench, more configuration options, and greater spectroscopy expertise than you’ll find anywhere else, we help our customers see more, faster than ever before.
Wasatch has developed a patented, multiplexed volume phase holographic grating technology that offers high dispersion and diffraction efficiencies across a broad wavelength range. This technology couples with an industry leading f/1.3 optical bench design to create one of the most sensitive spectrometers on the market, all at an attractive price point and in a small form factor that maintains superb straylight and resolution performance. These advances are opening up new application spaces for spectroscopy and providing substantial growth opportunities for Wasatch as a business.
We are looking to expand our technical and sales teams to support our continuing market expansion. If you are a spectroscopist who enjoys working in a dynamic, growth driven environment with the latest technology – then we look forward to hearing from you and discussing what we might achieve together!