The Senior Sales Engineer will be responsible for the achievement of international (non-Americas) direct sales targets, OEM design wins, distribution channel support, and continued revenue growth for Wasatch across all product lines including gratings, OCT, and spectroscopy. The successful candidate will be a highly-motivated self-starter able to balance channel partner support with personal sales efforts. This individual must be able to successfully execute sales strategies across multiple cultures.
This is a growth position, and it is expected that the successful candidate will develop into an international sales manager. The Senior Sales Engineer will report to the VP of Business Development in Durham, NC.
Location: This position is expected to be a remote role located in Western Europe.
- Develop and drive complementary sales pipelines in transmission gratings, OCT, and spectroscopy through direct account acquisition and management, actively seeking tender bid opportunities, building strong customer relationships, creating detailed technical proposals, and negotiating and closing deals.
- Maintain and continually update prospects pipeline and bookings forecasts.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in relevant products and markets and monitor competitor activity and market trends.
- Advise marketing management and the VP of Business Development on marketing communications, pricing strategies, applications notes, tradeshow schedules, etc to support market growth opportunities.
- Reinforce a customer partnership culture between Wasatch and existing customers and new prospects.
- Support and build local distribution partnerships.
- Identify and attend key tradeshows and other related marketing events.
- Offer first contact technical and applications support for spectroscopy customers and distribution partners.
- Five plus years of sales experience in the photonics industry with demonstrated success in both OEM and direct specroscopy sales preferred. Proven track record working remotely.
- Strong customer orientation, must be able to manage extensive sales processes in complex customer organizations and deliver targeted presentations at all levels.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with proven ability to build effective, cross-functional relationships both internally and externally.
- Candidate must be proficient in spoken and written English. A minimum of 1 additional foreign language required, 2 or more preferred.
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Engineering or the Physical Sciences.
At Wasatch Photonics we design the kind of spectroscopy products we want to use. As spectroscopists ourselves, we understand the difference that high sensitivity, low noise, and the ability to capture spectra quickly can make to a research project or OEM product design. With a superior optical bench, more configuration options, and greater spectroscopy expertise than you’ll find anywhere else, we help our customers see more, faster than ever before.
Wasatch has developed a patented, multiplexed volume phase holographic grating technology that offers high dispersion and diffraction efficiencies across a broad wavelength range. This technology couples with an industry leading f/1.3 optical bench design to create one of the most sensitive spectrometers on the market, all at an attractive price point and in a small form factor that maintains superb straylight and resolution performance. These advances are opening up new application spaces for spectroscopy and providing substantial growth opportunities for Wasatch as a business.
We are looking to expand our technical and sales teams to support our continuing market expansion. If you are a spectroscopist who enjoys working in a dynamic, growth driven environment with the latest technology – then we look forward to hearing from you and discussing what we might achieve together!