The graphics & digital media specialist will help to define and execute all visual aspects of the Wasatch Photonics brand, from logos and colors to print/digital advertisements, print materials, website, and tradeshow displays. They will work with senior management to transform messaging and content into compelling branding and marketing collateral for the gratings, spectroscopy, and OCT product lines. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced graphic designer or marketing professional looking to work part-time while still making a significant contribution to the branding and look of an organization.
The successful candidate will be able to balance the creativity of graphics design with the mechanics of day-to-day marketing activities and tracking. We are a company founded on innovation, so dynamic individuals with a passion for learning are both welcomed and valued!
Location: This position will be based in Pinellas County, FL with occasional travel to the Durham, NC and Logan, UT locations possible. Candidate may work from home, but must be available to meet weekly during business hours.
Compensation: To be paid hourly, estimated at 20 ± 5 hours weekly.
- Create, organize, and own all graphic elements used in marketing materials
- Work collaboratively with senior management to transform product and brand messaging into compelling print and digital campaigns
- Work internally to support graphic needs in engineering, production, product management, and sales
- Interface externally with media outlets, tradeshow vendors, printers to source marketing materials
- Work with management to continue advancing the Wasatch Photonics brand: logos, colors, marketing image library
- Layout and styles for print materials: brochures, product sheets, application/tech notes, internal documentation
- Create all graphics for presentations, infographics, social media, tradeshow booth & demos, swag
- Website maintenance: homepage sliders, content upload & formatting, media library management
- Creation of videos for educational and promotional purposes (internal or outsourced, depending upon experience)
- Proficiency in PhotoShop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Demonstrated portfolio of digital and print advertisement work, preferably including the marketing of products
- Strong understanding of email marketing software (MailChimp, Constant Contact, or similar), including design & execution of campaigns
- Basic proficiency in WordPress: content upload & formatting, menu management, forms, redirects
- Quick learner; strong interest in science and desire to learn about the many applications of light
- An excellent eye for design, with a knack for coloring outside the lines
- Digital photography (products, and applications in use)
- Understanding of Google Analytics tracking, SEO
- Intermediate knowledge of html as applied to website formatting/design and email marketing software templates
- Experience in video planning, filming, editing, and production
- Design of 3D graphics for tradeshow booths, product displays, product packaging, etc.
- Knowledge of copyright law as it applies to use of images in print and digital media
About Wasatch Photonics
Wasatch Photonics is a fast growing company with several market-leading products using optics at their core. The company is an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to develop exceptional products for a variety of applications in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation.
The Company supports a collaborative and cordial environment that supports rapid development of new ideas, and plays an integral part in the growth and development of its team members. Key product areas from Wasatch Photonics Systems Division include Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography and Hyperspectral Imaging.