The Senior Electrical Engineer will play a vital role in the growing engineering team at Wasatch Photonics. With primary responsibility for FPGA development and additional work in analog electronics the successful candidate will help drive our next generation products and OEM development projects.
Wasatch Photonics exists to bring innovation to help solve real world problems through OCT, Raman, NIR and Fluorescence spectroscopy and this new position is created to fuel this mission.
Location: Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina. Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
- Be the Wasatch Photonics lead engineer for all FPGA development for our state of the art spectrometers and systems.
- Provide board level design for control, power management and tethered and untethered communication of novel sensors for our next generation spectroscopy solutions.
- Be the assigned lead engineer on OEM development projects responsible to bring customer inspired technical solutions to fruition.
- Interface with multi-disciplinary teams and communicate with technical experts in optics, electronics, and software development.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate documentation in accordance with the Quality Management System of the company.
- Experience in board level design – Altium preferred
- Firmware development experience with STM32 microcontrollers is a plus
- Some MATLAB and LabVIEW experience is a plus
- Some experience with Python, C++, and C# is a plus
- At least 5 years of work experience as a EE in a commercial organization.
- Involvement in successful new product development programs.
- Expertise in Firmware development with experience with STM32 microcontrollers being a plus.
- Board level design knowhow with a working knowledge of Altium preferred.
- Some MATLAB and LabVIEW experience is a plus.
- Some experience with Python, C++, and C# is a plus.
Education / Skills
- BS/MS or higher in Electrical Engineering or relevant fields.
- Strong communication skills and positive attitude to work with engineering, manufacturing, and business teams towards success of products.
- Strong organizational skills and capability of performing necessary written documentation.
- Self-motivated to work on multiple development projects simultaneously.
About Wasatch Photonics
Wasatch Photonics is a fast growing company with several market-leading products using optics at their core. The company is an ideal place for energetic and innovative individuals looking to develop exceptional products for a variety of applications in a fast-paced environment focused on innovation.
The Company supports a collaborative and cordial environment that supports rapid development of new ideas, and plays an integral part in the growth and development of its team members. Key product areas from Wasatch Photonics Systems Division include Raman Spectroscopy, Optical Coherence Tomography and Hyperspectral Imaging.